Bids at 1.3810 are limiting any falls in the EUR/USD and the USD/JPY buying is showing no signs of letting up, currently chewing through offers around 96.25/40 region. This all means some really healthy gains for EUR/JPY with the cross now at 133.25, up from 131.70 in early trade, and headed for what are said to be very heavy stops above 133.75.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- Trend/line on China – HSBC/Markit Manufacturing PMI for July: 51.7 (vs. expected 52.0)
- Kelly on China – HSBC/Markit Manufacturing PMI for July: 51.7 (vs. expected 52.0)
- Eamonn Sheridan on Australia – Q2 PPI: -0.1% q/q (prior was +0.9%)
- Kelly on Australia – Q2 PPI: -0.1% q/q (prior was +0.9%)
- James on Goldman Sachs technical analysis – Is a big USD breakout beginning to take place? – EUR/USD charts stands out