It doesn’t matter how you make the money, what matters is how much you make. Goldman Sachs look like they are again trying their best to drag the financial markets good name through the dirt, all in the name of a fast buck. Those interviewed in this Bloomberg report seem to be in little doubt that this latest example of financial engineering succeeded in helping GS and Greece get a better price for securities by arranging a currency swap which hid Greece’s true deficit problem. Doesn’t this sound all very familiar and didn’t our financial system nearly come a cropper because of dodgy financial engineering. If this turns out to be true, then I hope somebody’s got a big book to throw.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- George on China manufacturing PMI for October 50.8 (51.2 expected)
- John Tanner on Years from now people will look at October stock market charts and ask what happened
- hello on EUR/USD technical analysis chart
- Sunny on Years from now people will look at October stock market charts and ask what happened
- zeke on Years from now people will look at October stock market charts and ask what happened