We’ve been stuck in a 1.30/1.33 range for the last 4 weeks but I’m coming around to the point of view, that the break when it comes will be a bullish one, and today could be the day. If we do actually get a passable deal on the Greek debt restructure, as seems now to be the case, then what hasn’t been able to go down should go up! The market is still very short and a clean break above that 100-day MA at 1.3310 would set off alarm bells amongst the macro short community. I favour buying any 50 pip dips over the next 24 hours, just in case that big short-cover kicks in.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- reja on Weekend trade ideas thread – Saturday 20 September 2014
- Jay on EUR/USD technical analysis strategy & chart from JP Morgan (plus EURO crosses)
- Jay on Being right isn’t as good being as being rich
- Howie on USDCAD Technical Update: Lap completed and the Loonie takes the checkered flag
- Davey Baalmann on Earthquake reported offshore from Japan, near Fukushima