The most illiquid time of the day in the FX market is the two-hour period just after the NY close when Australia and New Zealand are pretty much on their own. If you see some sharp 10/15 pip spikes in any currency pair during this time, then its probably an Algo fund trying to push the market around for a very short-term profit. They usually pick on more illiquid pairs like cable and USD/CHF, as all bullies like to pick on weaker opponents.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- zeke on Years from now people will look at October stock market charts and ask what happened
- George on Years from now people will look at October stock market charts and ask what happened
- chidi on ForexLive Americas wrap: Dollar takes the lead in US trading
- Greg Michalowski on Forex Technical Trading: A big picture look at the EURUSD (October 31, 2014)
- Miss February on Years from now people will look at October stock market charts and ask what happened