- US Oct trade deficit $42.24B vs $42.6B exp
- Greek debt buyback misses goal
- ECB’s Praet plays down rate cut odds
- Canadian Oct trade balance -$0.17B vs -$1.20B exp
- BOC’s Carney says growth picking up
- US wholesale inventories +0.6% vs +0.4% exp
- US Oct JOLTS 3675K vs 3600K exp
- Rumor of EUR/CHF peg hike to 1.25
- AUD/USD touches 2-month high at 1.0532
- S&P 500 gains 0.65% to 1427 — on month high
- EUR leads, JPY lags
The euro gained about 20 pips in US trading but broke through the 1.3000 barrier. Italian yields finished the day 10 bps lower and European stocks made big gains.
No real market-moving headlines but risk trades ticked higher throughout the day.
Yen crosses rallied in the afternoon after EUR/JPY ran some stops above 107.30 and GBP/JPY did the same above 133.
A late swoon in risk trades knocked AUD/USD back to 1.0513 from 1.0532 but it later regained its footing.
Gold down $3 to $1710.