- Swiss National Bank will continue to aim for 3-month libor at 0-0.25%, no change and as generally expected
- SNB’s Jordan: Expects euro area to emerge from recession in 2013, still considerable uncertainty
- Merkel: EU needs deeper cooperation for the 21st Century
- China 2013 GDP may grow more than 8% – Ex National Bureau of Statistics chief – Caixin
- Swiss govt sees 2012 growth at 1%
- Germany’s IFO think-tank forecasts German economy to shrink by -0.3% in Q4
- Moody’s says credit implications for Italy from political turmoil are limited
- Spanish auction results
- Italian auction results
- Abe set to face manufacturing gloom as Japan contracts: Economy – Bloomberg
- RBA told intervention necessary to dampen A$ – Business Spectator
When I say ‘mild’ I mean MILD. Well at least so far. Eurostoxx 50 off around -0.3%, benchmark 10 year treasury yield down at 1.6885% from the 1.7161% I jotted down first thing.
EUR/USD down at 1.3050 from early 1.3085. Tried to rally early but ran into solid offers at 1.3100. Talk of decent ‘Swiss’ interest to sell up there. Early talk had buy orders clustered down at 1.3040/50 and they’re just about holding the line.
USD/JPY down at 83.30 from early 83.60. Talk of sell orders clustered up at 83.70/00 ahead of 84.00 barrier option interest.
Cable marginally lower at 1.6120 from early 1.6140.