SocGen shares were hit by a rumor about big losses at a French bank, losing more than 6% at one point. A representative from the SocGen denied it and the market seems to be moving on but it could flare back up.
Don't miss a thing - get a daily digest of ForexLive.com articles sent directly to your inbox every 24 hours. Subscribe today and also receive Adam Button's 8 Secrets to Trading the News.
* indicates required. By subscribing to this form you opt-in to occasional messages from our partners.
- Mary on Trade ideas thread for Wednesday 22 October 2014
- Johm on ForexLive Americas wrap: Stocks rip, euro sags on corporate bond buying talk
- Grant on Riddle me this, Batman? How come corporate treasurers whine about the dollar going up?
- Remo on The gain the S&P 500 is the largest in 12 months
- Eamonn Sheridan on Overnight press: Australian Central Bank Frets Over Home Loans