Atlanta Fed's Bostic: Appropriate to raise US rates gradually over next couple years
Speaking in Alabama
Atlanta Fed's Raphael Bostic is speaking in Montgomery Alabama.
- Is appropriiate to raise rates gradually over the next couple years
- Will watch next few inflation readings closely for signs of rebound
- Demand spike could push economy beyond sustainable capacity
- Enacted tax reform could move the needle on economic activity
- Economic activity reasonably solid in recent months
- Expects a bit above 2% growth; flat unemployment; modest wage growth
Bostic will be a voting member on the FOMC in 2018. I would characterize his commentsHis comments as indicative of status quo with a glass half full bias.