ECB's Mersch says any change in monetary policy always a shock to the economy
ECB exec board member in newspaper interview 14 March
- always a shock be it neg or pos
- the bigger the imbalances, the less the economy is prepared for a monetary policy change
- loose mon pol, loose fiscal pol ,lax supervision asking for trouble
- We set interest rates for the euro area as a whole. We are not yet ready at this stage to change interest rates.
- we're confident with the path which is leading to our objective.
- primary objective is price stability, which we have defined as an inflation rate of below, but close to, 2% in the medium term.
Nothing new on first sight. We know the ECB not considering rate hikes any time soon
Full interview here
EURUSD currently dipping a little after failing around 1.2400 again