Previews, heads up for BOJ announcement due soon. And something to watch on yen.
The Bank of Japan announcement is due soon:
- Its Bank of Japan day! Did the markets overreact in early January? Today we find out.
- BOJ preview - BoJ likely to maintain extremely easy monetary policy
- Quick preview of the BOJ meeting this week
- Bank of Japan policy announcement due Tuesday - preview
- Bank of Japan previews (announcement likely Tuesday from 0230 GMT)
Just a note on the timing of the announcement ....
- A delay in the announcement could prompt a yen appreciation as speculation will rise on some sort of change in policy (this is not expected ... but if there is a change it'd be a reduction in stimulus)
- The Bank also release their updated quarterly outlook report today, so that may delay the announcement just a little
And also - yen liquidity will thin pretty much from now on until after the statement.