Comments

• rough trader : For forex traders, this is the most confusing time of year

User Avatar
    rough trader: "most of Australia doesn’t change the clocks " thats true if land space is considered. but victoria and NSW alone makes up 56% of australian population. Tasmania, SA, ACT also changes time. so most of the Australian clock does change. - October 25th, 2014 06:15:25 AM
    User Avatar
    pandu: I hate the clock changes, the stupidest and most arrogant social engineering policy ever, as Althar said above. I am in Melbourne and this makes the trading clock even worse than it already is. For us clocks change by 2 hours, but in half steps - first Melbourne changed 4 weeks ago; then a half-step where Europe changes, and the final step next week when NY changes. What used to happen at 6pm happens at 8pm now; US data releases which used to be at 10.30pm AEST are now at 11.30pm and at 12.30am next week. - October 24th, 2014 11:25:56 PM
    User Avatar
    busybus: Rock around the clock http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html?cities=282,63,264,261,240,248,102,357,117,771,106,123,26,37,136,213,704,179,58,64,197,234,81,103,1440 - October 24th, 2014 09:19:49 PM
    User Avatar
    TR: Not something I have the occasion to say often, but: Putin got that one right. http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-28423647 Permanent Summer time was already a step forward, even though it apparently didn't work out for Russia (it would probably work just fine for countries at more moderate latitudes - official time zones tend to be shifted Westward anyway). - October 24th, 2014 08:33:09 PM
    User Avatar
    Chase: dailyfx has a decent economic calendar that lets you select your timezone. I find it quite useful cos I don't have to think about whether I'm 1 or 2 hours ahead ;) - October 24th, 2014 06:52:37 PM
    User Avatar
    biscotti: and i recall the week of "long lunches" before NY caught up....oh the Halycon "daze" - October 24th, 2014 06:33:38 PM
    miki: happy hour comes sooner :) - October 24th, 2014 06:32:48 PM
    User Avatar
    londonbear: I used to get confused. Now I leave my laptop on GMT wherever I am and look at a GMT calendar. - October 24th, 2014 06:26:31 PM
    User Avatar
    althar: One of the stupidest things stupid social engineering invented - clock changing. Matched only with QE ;) - October 24th, 2014 06:09:05 PM
  • miki : ForexLive Americas wrap: Leaks sink ECB stress test drama

miki: who can trust the tests??? - October 25th, 2014 02:24:26 AM
    User Avatar
    Pandu: From the ECB's perspective, being leaky is good. It avoids wild speculative swings as the market waits for the news. As happens in NFP and FOMC minutes. - October 24th, 2014 11:16:31 PM
  • short aud/jpy next week : AUD/JPY was the best performing trade this week

User Avatar
    short aud/jpy next week: china floundering + boj unease with easing + ebola. 3 reasons to short at 95.20 - October 25th, 2014 12:56:54 AM
    User Avatar
    Remo: It's no coincidence that both US indices and this pair are the top performers of the week. AUD/JPY is the Carry trade of choice for those who control the stock market. Fundamentals? Ebola? Puurlease. - October 24th, 2014 06:21:36 PM
    User Avatar
    ALF: Not comparable with the indices, especially NASDAQ - more than 5%. - October 24th, 2014 05:02:17 PM
  • Rich : Healthcare worker returning from Africa stopped at Newark airport and quarantined - CNBC

User Avatar
    Rich: Not to worry ,Obama says everything is under control;. (Not if you catch Ebola.) - October 24th, 2014 09:57:35 PM
  • silverwing : ECB draft doc says 25 banks to fail bank tests

User Avatar
    silverwing: Ryan,Have All a Fine weekend,Allway,s Deserved to all we Trade To <Make a Living from the FX-Highway. - October 24th, 2014 08:11:01 PM
  • droad : Look to sell the euro near 1.30 - JPMorgan

droad: 1.2670 is near enough hahaha JP ? - October 24th, 2014 07:58:30 PM
    User Avatar
    David: On 15 October EUR JPY got up as far as 1.28853 before reversing strongly. Hasn't been near since then. Wouldn't it take something fairly substantial to push it back up beyond that point now? I'm just puzzled as to what it is that people think might do that. - October 24th, 2014 07:50:32 PM
    User Avatar
    Giles: The problem I have with this recommendation is that it all depends on what drives EURUSD to 1.30. If it is a bit of short covering with no main driver then maybe. But what if the driver is something more substantial like Euro economy improvement lessening the likelihood of QE; or a massive sell of in equities which drives down the USD. These recommendations are great in what we know now, but what we know when the price reaches that level may be completely different. Just some thoughts... - October 24th, 2014 07:32:09 PM
    User Avatar
    ProTrader3: Seems some big boys are positioned up! - October 24th, 2014 07:29:27 PM
    miki: jpm has'nt had a great track record - October 24th, 2014 07:27:10 PM
    User Avatar
    linny: don't think we are gonna see 1.30 again. we should be starting to head south come Monday or Tuesday. all the stops have been triggered on top. now,who will want to buy euro for keeps? I won't. - October 24th, 2014 07:22:42 PM
    User Avatar
    salih kara: Hi Addam , I read the article of 25 Euro Banks would fail stress test. If it happens what would be the effect on eur/usd ? Thanks in advance for your reply... - October 24th, 2014 07:17:38 PM
    User Avatar
    AlexIE: This is a much better set up than the other banks that sold the EUR at 1.251 a couple of weeks ago. I don't say that in hindsight, I said it at the time as well. I think 1.30 might be broken though, 1.31 was the hardest resistance to break, and that is probably the one that won't be broken for sure before we head down south below 1.25 - October 24th, 2014 07:14:50 PM
  • Afrowoman : New Zealand Trade balance: -1350m (vs. expected -625m)

User Avatar
    Afrowoman: Hi ProTrader3, I'm new too, and it all doesn't make any sense to me! Facts on the ground can say something and forex behaviour is something completely different! This is why I leave it to the experts and visit this site daily, there's some great information here. Just trying to exchange my life savings so I can buy a house :D - October 24th, 2014 07:36:36 PM
  • Afrowoman : Forex Technical Trading: NZDUSD's Trade Balance head fake.

User Avatar
    Afrowoman: Thanks for this. I don't get it though, fundamental hardly ever seems to go hand in hand with technical? How can that be? (Obvious newbie here). - October 24th, 2014 07:33:08 PM
    User Avatar
    BJN: Hi Greg: Currently there is a confluence of Fib 50, 100 MA and 200 MA. However, after several hours, when the price reaches Fib 50, the two MA might have changed: the 50% will be the same, but 100 MA and 200 MA might be different. So there will no be the nice confluence (fib 50 + 100 MA + 200 MA). Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. PS: Please erase one if I posted two times. - October 24th, 2014 06:29:47 PM
    User Avatar
    BJN: Hi Greg: Currently there is a confluence of Fib 50, 100 MA and 200 MA. However, after several hours, when the price reaches Fib 50, the two MA might have changed: the 50% will be the same, but 100 MA and 200 MA might be different. So there will no be the nice confluence (fib 50 + 100 MA + 200 MA). Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. - October 24th, 2014 06:27:17 PM
    User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @john Tanner....Both are somewhat confusing! (it is Friday!) but I thought it was appropriate given the numbers.... ; ) - October 24th, 2014 03:02:11 PM
    User Avatar
    John Tanner: Thank you for the analysis Greg. It's nice to read both a fundamental and technical analysis of a currency performance. - October 24th, 2014 02:47:36 PM
  • Old hand : New York Ebola patient had no temperature elevation before Thursday morning

User Avatar
    Old hand: Given this is a man who put his own life on the line in going out to Africa to help people, I doubt he is lying. - October 24th, 2014 07:26:22 PM
    User Avatar
    biscotti: Question beggars an answer though...if somebody had walked into his practice,after 1) firstly having just come from an Ebola country 2) being a carer of Ebola patients and 3) feeling "sluggish" ....would he have given them the advice he followed himself ? Granted at this point he seems to have been very careful....but still - October 24th, 2014 05:31:44 PM
    miki: donuts will kill us before ebola does ;) - October 24th, 2014 05:10:55 PM
  • Juniorjb : Irish bank to fail ECB stress test?

User Avatar
    Juniorjb: What do you mean Gary, the other two banks are in the same position and didn't fail it. In any case they all got into this trouble when the state had no part in them. - October 24th, 2014 06:00:37 PM
  • Bud Spencer : French jobseekers hit fresh record high

User Avatar
    Bud Spencer: France needs a fast and furious structural changes. immediately stop Hollande from ruining the country! Otherwise, I see my favorite oyster bar in Paris disappearing - the Chef there told me his taxes are "foux, foux, foux"... - October 24th, 2014 05:08:37 PM
    User Avatar
    AlexIE: The French were claiming that the strong EUR was the problem. I wonder what excuse is next in line. - October 24th, 2014 04:24:52 PM
  • AlexIE : UK's Cameron says Britain will not pay "this unacceptable and unjustified" bill

User Avatar
    AlexIE: I agree that penalizing people for succeeding (high income and capital gains taxes) and rewarding people for failing (welfare) doesn't work. I'm a Libertarian. But a lot of people in the UK are in favor of wealth redistribution. So, to my British friends that are opposed to wealth redistribution AT ANY LEVEL, I say: I'm sorry to hear that you have to pay this nonsense. To the British people who favor wealth redistribution, I say: Karma is a bitch! And BE CONSISTENT! - October 24th, 2014 04:40:50 PM
    User Avatar
    grasshopper: @pippin: the US model is utterly flawed and broken; to wit the death of the middle class unless you think that's a good thing. the only thing that will make socialism/communism work in future is advanced tech: AI, robotics, and so on... imagine a planetary resource master control AI out of the hands of a few ever greedier 1-percenter allocating natural resources in an optimal way not based on business considerations of profit/loss but based on consideration of what is better for the biosphere and the maximum allowed projected resource utilisation by the population not of one country, but worldwide. like it or not, the current model of 5% of ppl (USA) using 25%+ of natural resources per year is not extensible to china and india. what are you gonna tell those countries when they tell us that they want the same standard of living (ie wasteful resource consumption) and have a right to it and therefore we had better curtail our own consumption? only 2 options then: bomb them back to the stone age, or figure out a planetary solution involving advanced tech you only see in sci-fi movies. what am i missing? - October 24th, 2014 03:46:59 PM
  • alex : The quick for the ECB bank stress test results

User Avatar
    alex: In fact we have not seen it yet ;) I'm long EU stocks, but I'll open a sell stop on EURUSD at the end of this session, just in case... If all it's well with market reaction on stress test result we'll see a gap up on Monday, if not the opposite :D - October 24th, 2014 04:21:11 PM
    User Avatar
    Andy B: This guy has been Long EURUSD for a few months.............................. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-24/banker-suicides-return-dsks-hedge-fund-partner-jumps-23rd-floor-apartment - October 24th, 2014 03:44:26 PM
    User Avatar
    peter: will do mate, why I bother trading fridays I dont know, the market is more counter intuitive than normal. Nice weekend to you Ryan. - October 24th, 2014 02:35:52 PM
    User Avatar
    Ryan Littlestone: Done peter. You can catch me at the London MoneyShow, unless I lose then I'll be hiding ;-) - October 24th, 2014 02:30:06 PM
  • Dan Brokaw : EURUSD back below trend line

User Avatar
    Dan Brokaw: Hi Greg, I had a quick question and was wondering if you could help me out. I have been paper trading with a couple different brokers and am looking to make the jump to live trading soon. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for an honest reliable broker that I could use. I have demo accounts with FinFx and Forex Broker Inc both with MT4 and haven't had any problems but not sure if there would be any changes with them once I go live. So I thought I would ask if you had any that have worked well for you. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! - October 24th, 2014 04:08:51 PM
    User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @anand h s Good weekend to you too..Have a great weekend too! - October 24th, 2014 03:28:05 PM
    User Avatar
    Anand h s: Thanks for all your analysis greg. . Much appricieated.. Wishing a great weekend to all the forexlive members. . :-) - October 24th, 2014 03:20:17 PM
  • Troy Williams : Forex Technical Analysis: AUDUSD falls but not enough. Reverses higher

User Avatar
    Troy Williams: Great stuff Greg Could you please explain a tad further, what you mean by "I wish it wasn't Friday"....... Thanks in advance - October 24th, 2014 03:41:55 PM
  • cambiste : Draghi repeats ECB ready to use other unconventional measures if needed - spokesman

User Avatar
    cambiste: yes, but was he scheduled to speak today. I didn't see it anywhere. so if he wasn't ,it might hint that they are watching very closely and want it down further rather than a reversal back higher - October 24th, 2014 03:35:23 PM
  • cambiste : Second source says 25 European banks fail stress test as of end 2013, 10 still have capital shortfall

User Avatar
    cambiste: the whole process is a joke. just like the LTRO the banks borrowed the money and bought government bonds which have now risen in price, but the banks cannot unload them back to the market place without the price falling so they have to wait until the ECB buys government bonds which will happen, there is no way around it. - October 24th, 2014 03:28:19 PM
  • Greg Michalowski : September 2014 US new home sales 0.467m vs 0.470m exp m/m

User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @yet another ryan. Thanks for sharing the insight! Where do you get that report? - October 24th, 2014 03:03:43 PM
  • Rus : Big figures contain the excitement in EUR/USD and GBP/USD

User Avatar
    Rus: Thanks Ryan for your hard work during another week. Much appreciated. - October 24th, 2014 02:58:18 PM
  • View Older Comments

Browse our latest comments from forex traders to get a gage of general forex market sentiment. Our forex comments come from active forex market participants from around the world and include our real-time streams and updates from the major social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Get involved in the forex market discussion and share your thoughts, technical analysis charts, opinion or comments directly to our page or via our social media networks. We're likely to respond to the most interesting and thought-provoking commentary and our currency pair trade experts scour the internet to find social media related to forex markets we think our readers would be interested in. Feel free to share any news from policy makers, central bank officials or forex market leaders that would be of interest to other FX traders.

© Copyright 2014 ForexLive™  |  Advertise With Us  |  Login To Comment  |  Sitemap

HIGH RISK WARNING: Foreign exchange trading carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for all investors. Leverage creates additional risk and loss exposure. Before you decide to trade foreign exchange, carefully consider your investment objectives, experience level, and risk tolerance. You could lose some or all of your initial investment; do not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Educate yourself on the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial or tax advisor if you have any questions.

ADVISORY WARNING: FOREXLIVE™ provides references and links to selected blogs and other sources of economic and market information as an educational service to its clients and prospects and does not endorse the opinions or recommendations of the blogs or other sources of information. Clients and prospects are advised to carefully consider the opinions and analysis offered in the blogs or other information sources in the context of the client or prospect's individual analysis and decision making. None of the blogs or other sources of information is to be considered as constituting a track record. Past performance is no guarantee of future results and FOREXLIVE™ specifically advises clients and prospects to carefully review all claims and representations made by advisors, bloggers, money managers and system vendors before investing any funds or opening an account with any Forex dealer. Any news, opinions, research, data, or other information contained within this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment or trading advice. FOREXLIVE™ expressly disclaims any liability for any lost principal or profits without limitation which may arise directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on such information. As with all such advisory services, past results are never a guarantee of future results.