Comments

• David : Press Release: ForexLive Analysts Take Over Website

User Avatar
    David: Keep building a website with an opinion, a tone, a character ... Be the TechCrunch of Forex and you will succeed (it's a $ 50M deal in 5 years and retirement / business angel ... see Michael Arrington) . Congrats !! - September 22nd, 2014 07:18:59 PM
    User Avatar
    Vlad: We can hardly wait for your IPO to take us onboard :). Good luck ! - September 22nd, 2014 07:10:00 PM
    SANG: congratulations and good luck! - September 22nd, 2014 06:55:37 PM
    User Avatar
    Dave S.: Let me add my congratulations too! I've been coming here over three years now I think :). Always good, current information. - September 22nd, 2014 06:47:15 PM
    Lproject92: BOOM - September 22nd, 2014 06:43:55 PM
    User Avatar
    Adam Button: Thanks so much. We're hyper-committed to make the site stronger. - September 22nd, 2014 06:37:49 PM
    User Avatar
    Andres: congratulations & good luck! felicitaciones & buena suerte! herzliche Gratulation & viel erfolg! félicitations & bonne chance! gratulantur & fortuna! - September 22nd, 2014 06:27:55 PM
    User Avatar
    dimis: Awesome news! Congratulation guys ! Long live the best forex site - September 22nd, 2014 06:24:53 PM
    cambiste: Good stuff - September 22nd, 2014 06:19:19 PM
    User Avatar
    Miss Ash: congratulations to FXL team. now this is what i call win-win situation. *tucks credit card back in a purse* :)) - September 22nd, 2014 06:17:12 PM
    User Avatar
    Emilio: Congratulations Adam and the rest of the team ;) - September 22nd, 2014 06:08:35 PM
    User Avatar
    Ryan Littlestone: Thanks Shane and my pleasure Greg. Was my referral deal 10% or 20%? ;-) - September 22nd, 2014 05:41:29 PM
    User Avatar
    don brown: Congrats Adam and the gang ... You all deserve it! - September 22nd, 2014 05:34:16 PM
    sunny: congrats Forexlive team ! - September 22nd, 2014 05:28:36 PM
    User Avatar
    Ryan Latorre: Awesome guys, congratulations ! - September 22nd, 2014 05:13:07 PM
    User Avatar
    al: I've been following you for a good year and a half now and without you I'd feel in the markets like an explorer without any equipment, let alone the compass, would feel in the middle of the jungle. Even on busy non-trading days, I easily keep up with the markets, thanks to your magnificent session wraps - with you it really takes 15 min per day to stay up to date and I'm a slow reader. Congrats guys and I'm sure you'll be keeping up and even further improve your great work! - September 22nd, 2014 04:35:14 PM
    User Avatar
    A Man: Congrats Guys, always learning from a great team of professionals at FXL. - September 22nd, 2014 03:59:30 PM
    User Avatar
    John K: Congrats Adam and the gang. But the regular site didn't come up today - the one with the blue menu bar. What I've noticed to be the late overnight (ET) site - with a small ForexLive logo in the center and a Navigate link on a white bar where the blue menu bar normally is - is still showing. - September 22nd, 2014 03:57:22 PM
    User Avatar
    spameggsbaconandspam: Useful analysis, down to earth and with a sense of humor to boot. What's not to like about this place? Congrats! We look forward to what the future brings. - September 22nd, 2014 03:49:02 PM
    User Avatar
    James: Great news. Id loved forexlive for a long time and is my first point of call before I open the charts. . I just hope that one year down the line it wont become a subscription site :( Gd luck guys - September 22nd, 2014 03:41:25 PM
  • zeke : How Plosser and Fisher leaving will change the Fed

User Avatar
    zeke: A foreboding? “Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear." Harry S. Truman. - September 22nd, 2014 07:17:50 PM
  • Cosmos : Old fashioned support line helping out the S&P 500

User Avatar
    Cosmos: I think Yen is doing ok today. It is just that USD/JPY is stalled by USD strenght. - September 22nd, 2014 06:58:25 PM
    User Avatar
    JC: @Manav Personally I think some of that pension fund money is looking for a home and that could keep any dips in the Yen crosses quite shallow!! - September 22nd, 2014 06:57:57 PM
    User Avatar
    Manav: S&P Futures Down -0.90% Nikkie Futures Down -0.77% USD/JPY Down -0.08% I don't know what YEN is waiting for now...:O - September 22nd, 2014 06:49:24 PM
    User Avatar
    JC: Hi Adam Nikkei looking a bit vulnerable to the downside if we encounter some Yen strength in the short term! - September 22nd, 2014 06:42:33 PM
    User Avatar
    cambiste: Buy the dips the Okina proposal buyers are alive and well an inching to buy more Dips will be shallow - September 22nd, 2014 06:38:06 PM
  • Cosmos : How real money will creep back into the pound

User Avatar
    Cosmos: I gotta agree, volatile days are over imho. - September 22nd, 2014 06:53:38 PM
    User Avatar
    Adam Button: @sunny. That's the real question. I don't think everyone has the opportunity to wait. It wasn't really part of their strategy to move money elsewhere so if you're a corporate you bring it back over a week or so. But you can argue they'll leave it elsewhere but I just don't see many big operations just leaving it somewhere else because it's there. That's why I think you need a catalyst, if the pound starts moving higher they'll want to get back in. Right now they can sit and wait and try and get closer to 1.6000. - September 22nd, 2014 06:45:37 PM
    User Avatar
    sunny: Adam, don't you think real money will take their sweet time to return to GBP/USD longs? Wouldn't these real money accounts stay in cash or look for other opportunities instead of jumping right back in? Seems to me there would be more downside in GBP/USD with pound weakness due to recent events plus occassional dollar strength. - September 22nd, 2014 06:39:51 PM
    User Avatar
    Ralph: I'm expecting more positive GBP reports after a strong decline... I'm into the idea that this downtrend was just a cycle and GBP is almost in-line with the US' monetary policy. Carney is definitely going to bring these bulls back to life to get back to post-1.65. Friday's Doji was too slow to double-top there and reject the level. Usually those double tops yield less pips, but in this case it was extreme. It doesn't happen very often. I also notice accumulation at the bottom and support is holding strong. I'll probably scale in any dips for the GBP and wait for positive news. - September 22nd, 2014 06:25:53 PM
    User Avatar
    Will: Adam, you feel the same way in GBP/JPY ? Seems like an exceptional Pinbar rejection Friday. Nothing is 100% obviously but it's pretty text book if you ask me. - September 22nd, 2014 06:15:52 PM
  • Cosmos : Draghi leaves the euro bulls with empty air to cling on to

User Avatar
    Cosmos: If cable is bullish then EUR/USD should be too and vice versa. But may be it is just better to buy cable. - September 22nd, 2014 06:30:07 PM
    User Avatar
    CreditPhil: I mentioned it in another post, some french official has been talking about parity... Glad the g20 agreed to not manipulate exchange rates... - September 22nd, 2014 05:48:29 PM
    User Avatar
    Ricardo: Lucky for the Euro that Oil prices are low because if oil (which is paid in USD) was higher, it would be an even worse story for Europe. - September 22nd, 2014 04:07:15 PM
  • Adam Button : USD/CAD climbs after dovish comments from BOC Deputy Wilkins

User Avatar
    Adam Button: I think that USD/JPY could be near that point if we get a bit of a 'risk off' trade but USD vs the commodity currencies still looks pretty good and my feeling is that dips in the dollar will be shallow, I haven't see so much enthusiasm for a trade since the euro was sinking a couple years ago (or maybe yen shorts last year) - September 22nd, 2014 05:54:22 PM
    User Avatar
    MJ: Adam, Based on the recent news and events do you think that the USD has exhausted itself and we are ready for a move downward? - September 22nd, 2014 05:41:31 PM
  • Greg Michalowski : Technical Analysis: AUDNZD at key chart support level. Will it hold the line?

User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @stephen...That is what I wanted to hear ; ) I say 2-3% of risk capital should be it. Most don't follow that rule. For me, all "investments" or bigger gains start off with a trade. "this level is key for these reasons. Stay above it" If it works, now manage the trade. Speaking generally, most people have fear of failure (i.e. losing money). Most people also have fear of success. So when they make money (have success) they fear the market will take it away. So they cover before their time. As a result, I teach and believe to step my way to 1.1015. I will say - like i did in the post - "Get above this technical resistance. OK. Now get above the next level....Got it. Can I move my stop up? Yes, the price should not go down below this new level now. Ok what is the next target..." and so on. It is easier to see the smaller steps just like it is easier to see your neighbors houses vs. the houses a mile down the road. Same thing. I personally give zero credence to the biggest smartest banks coming out and saying the EURUSD is going to 1.1876 or to parity (like I heard today). Now it may move the market but there is probably zero chance they keep that forecast. There is too much stuff in the way. Is 1.1015 a mile away. No. And you might be the exception, but most will have a real difficult time if they lose 40-60 pips to then wait for the 160 pips before changing their minds and getting out with something less...IMHO (and from what I have seen having worked at a retail brokerage shop for 13 years). - September 22nd, 2014 05:24:27 PM
    User Avatar
    Stephen: Greg, excellent points. Thank you for the insight. This is an extremely small position for me & I've found that the smaller the position the more likely I am to hold for the real goal, in this case 1015. In your experience is this a bad habit to fall into? - September 22nd, 2014 05:09:15 PM
    User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @Fred....That is why FXL is the best...; ) You will notice, that I am consistent, try to keep things simple, and try to see what the market is seeing through the eyes of these simple tools. I appreciate that the market may have failures at times (they are in red). The "correction zone" will be defined by yellow between the 38.2-50% of trend moves. I will always define risk and look to limit risk as goal number 1. If something does not work, get out. IF it does work, you should do well. Do I have a crystal ball on what the news will be or what the mkt will do...no. Sometimes the news will take or "market" will take you out (but risk is a little because defining and limiting risk). Sometimes news and "the Market" will help you. We are all lucky if we make a dime as we cannot move the price (can we? I know I can't). But we can make our own luck by defining and limiting our risk. - September 22nd, 2014 05:09:00 PM
    User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @stephen....I don't risk that much. In my post, I am trying to make the case for the buyers to come in NOW. Stay above the 100 day MA at 15..Stay above the 11 level. It is now or never. If it goes up I hope to make more than I risk (that should be easy). If it goes below, I am out but may continue to watch for a failure. That is how important this level is to me. Your stop at 1.0840 is well below the those levels and it also is just above another key support for me...the 200 day MA which is at 1.0833. That should be a buy area as a result. My focus is to find reasons to trade where risk can be defined and limited. I also like areas where there is energy. That energy area should lead to a bounce or a break through and energy below. So either I will be wrong and lose a little or right and make more than a little. If I am right, then I go into managing the trade by looking for targets. Hence will look to get above that trend line on the 5 minute, I will look to get above the yellow zone and then the 50% at at the 1.09569. Step by step. Above that and we have something else going. Another thing to realize, is say the price goes to 1.0880 and holds. You are still in. I am out with a small loss. I gave it a shot and looking for the next opportunity that may give me the trend move I want...You lived through a 40 pip loss and it may not bother you but will you be inclined to stay in until 1.1015? You might be happy to get... - September 22nd, 2014 04:54:56 PM
    User Avatar
    Fred: Your piece of work is just amazingly fast! And amazingly good as well. I wouldn't risk this one if I don't know the rumour for PBOC tmr. More to come, a decent sized stated owned firm were in trouble today with its billions of debt over due. Two major banks involved. These days, we only have USD left to buy.... - September 22nd, 2014 04:44:53 PM
    User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @anon Not dead but not dancing in the streets either I will probably not risk to the underside of the trend line though. New highs today....need to get a break below the trend line and then the 100 hour MA (as per the morning comment and weekend video). Not in "love"...just "like" as counter trend. - September 22nd, 2014 04:36:30 PM
    User Avatar
    Stephen: Greg I am long from 1.0922, target 1.1015, sl 1.0840. what do you think of that sl? - September 22nd, 2014 04:24:47 PM
    User Avatar
    anon: greg, what have you done with your uj short? - September 22nd, 2014 04:17:18 PM
  • navk : Technical Analysis: Commodity currencies head lower. Led by the AUDUSD

User Avatar
    navk: I have been playing GBPAUD longs, but all depends how long AUD will be loosing. On hourly chart, what is the possible support for AUDUSD Pair, Greg ? Thanks. - September 22nd, 2014 04:16:15 PM
    User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @fred...see http://www.forexlive.com/blog/2014/09/22/technical-analysis-audnzd-at-key-chart-support-level-will-it-hold-the-line-september-22-2014/ Trying to hold the line from a technical perspective...Thanks for the inspiration.. - September 22nd, 2014 03:57:19 PM
    User Avatar
    mekongmarcus: I think the tree has been well and truly shaken so a couple of reasonable data points should halt the fall. - September 22nd, 2014 03:27:42 PM
    User Avatar
    Greg Michalowski: @Fred. The AUDNZD got really close to the 100 day MA at the 109.15 level (low was 109.19). So if inclined to buy from a fundamental reason, the risk can be defined by that MA level too. Get above 1.09569 (50% of the move up from the July low) would be the next target above....It has been trending lower, so I will be careful (trends are fast, directional and can go farther than we think)....Hence ris against the 100 day MA.... - September 22nd, 2014 03:13:36 PM
  • zeke : Fed's biggest hawk flying the nest in March 2015

User Avatar
    zeke: Smells more like Fed politics - Yellen getting rid of one of her loudest dissenters. And the timing is interesting - by March 2015 the probably Republican controlled Congress will most likely be busily at work dismantling Obama legislation leaving the Obama loaded Fed Obama's only line of defense and economic manipulation for the 2016 presidential election. - September 22nd, 2014 03:19:05 PM
    User Avatar
    Papaswamp: This may extend the 'considerable time' on rates rising considerably. - September 22nd, 2014 03:18:09 PM
  • View Older Comments

Browse our latest comments from forex traders to get a gage of general forex market sentiment. Our forex comments come from active forex market participants from around the world and include our real-time streams and updates from the major social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Get involved in the forex market discussion and share your thoughts, technical analysis charts, opinion or comments directly to our page or via our social media networks. We're likely to respond to the most interesting and thought-provoking commentary and our currency pair trade experts scour the internet to find social media related to forex markets we think our readers would be interested in. Feel free to share any news from policy makers, central bank officials or forex market leaders that would be of interest to other FX traders.

© Copyright 2014 ForexLive™  |  Advertise With Us  |  Login To Comment  |  Sitemap

HIGH RISK WARNING: Foreign exchange trading carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for all investors. Leverage creates additional risk and loss exposure. Before you decide to trade foreign exchange, carefully consider your investment objectives, experience level, and risk tolerance. You could lose some or all of your initial investment; do not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Educate yourself on the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial or tax advisor if you have any questions.

ADVISORY WARNING: FOREXLIVE™ provides references and links to selected blogs and other sources of economic and market information as an educational service to its clients and prospects and does not endorse the opinions or recommendations of the blogs or other sources of information. Clients and prospects are advised to carefully consider the opinions and analysis offered in the blogs or other information sources in the context of the client or prospect's individual analysis and decision making. None of the blogs or other sources of information is to be considered as constituting a track record. Past performance is no guarantee of future results and FOREXLIVE™ specifically advises clients and prospects to carefully review all claims and representations made by advisors, bloggers, money managers and system vendors before investing any funds or opening an account with any Forex dealer. Any news, opinions, research, data, or other information contained within this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment or trading advice. FOREXLIVE™ expressly disclaims any liability for any lost principal or profits without limitation which may arise directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on such information. As with all such advisory services, past results are never a guarantee of future results.