Comments

• Adam Button : Healthcare worker returning from Africa stopped at Newark airport and quarantined - CNBC

Adam Button: Thanks TR - October 26th, 2014 12:58:37 AM
    User Avatar
    TR: @zape The links you provide are very interesting, but they are from Oct 25. Adam made this post on Oct 24. He could not get all the facts first before these facts were published. As long as ebola news are likely to influence markets, I am grateful to FXL (to Adam in this case) for posting them and I hope they will continue to do so. Passing on information about possibly fear-inducing news is not spreading fear. - October 26th, 2014 12:12:26 AM
    User Avatar
    zape: Adam please read below. I hope you stop posting ebola news before getting all the facts first UTA grad isolated at New Jersey hospital as part of Ebola quarantine http://www.dallasnews.com/ebola/headlines/20141025-uta-grad-isolated-at-new-jersey-hospital-as-part-of-ebola-quarantine.ece - October 25th, 2014 10:24:05 PM
    User Avatar
    zaap: Stop the fear, stick on the pips movement - October 25th, 2014 01:42:21 PM
    User Avatar
    zape: Stop spreading fear.. Woman quarantined in New Jersey tests negative for Ebola http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/25/health/us-ebola/index.html?hpt=hp_t2 - October 25th, 2014 12:24:50 PM
    User Avatar
    Rich: Not to worry ,Obama says everything is under control;. (Not if you catch Ebola.) - October 24th, 2014 09:57:35 PM
  • Brent Carlile : Trade ideas for the week ahead

User Avatar
    Brent Carlile: We are currently in a sideways range bound market in most USD based pairs. This upcoming week has several high importance events which could change that, but only if there are large enough surprises to cause a sentiment shift. Probabilities suggest that "playing the edges" as Mr. Littlestone would say is the way to go for now. Be on the lookout for market surprises but until then there is no reason to expect sustained breakouts IMO. - October 25th, 2014 10:53:02 PM
    User Avatar
    howard: @David Eurusd weakness is mostly about USD not Euro. Actually Euro is doing better than most other peers since 2012. That move might continue. Forget about the media look at the prices EURAUD, EURCAD, EURNZD you begin to get the sense. Be careful with markets. - October 25th, 2014 09:42:42 PM
    User Avatar
    don: Can I change my vote..hehehe Have a great weekend! - October 25th, 2014 09:36:53 PM
    User Avatar
    David: @howard I think the point about EUR USD at the moment is not so much the strength of the dollar but the relative weakness of the European economy and hence the real possibility that the powers that be might take action that would drive EUR lower. Now, I can see that if you're a short-termish trader then this might not be the best time to establish a new big short position given the possibility that we're sitting at the bottom of a range, however I would be very reluctant to go long here given the fact that you'd be trading against both the fundamentals of a weak European economy and against a fairly long-term (six month) downtrend, whose last attempt to reverse fizzled out at 1.28853. It looks dangerous. More cautious strategies might be either to enter short if EUR does go higher or to cost average with several tiny short trades and big stop losses. - October 25th, 2014 09:33:14 PM
    User Avatar
    howard: @zvi It does not matter which currency paired with USD as in the long run USD is bound to outperform. But that remains to be seen in reality. I very much doubt that USD will rally strongly as many expect. There is no compelling reason for that to happen now. US rates will not rise sharply but gradually. Inflation is still nuanced and not expected to be an issue in months/years ahead. If US rates remain within this range then high yielding rates could stay elevated to higher. That may suggest that actually Aussie, Kiwi and even Lonnie could outperform US dollar in the medium term. - October 25th, 2014 09:09:04 PM
    User Avatar
    Zvi: OK - I live in Israel. I bought the pair USD/Shekel. The Shekel for the last 2 years was very strong, but our exporters, which are our main tax and JOB source were getting slaughtered by the rate, and it was only time before it went back down vs the USD. in mid-July is was 3.4 NIS to the USD, now it is 3.77 and international and local analysts say it has now broken a psychological barrier and is headed toward 4.00 and above (where it resided for years) I am sitting on a lot of this pair and just adjusting my stop loss. Last week, it went under the stop loss and closed me out in a large profit, and I just opened more. I have shorted Euro,AUS and NZ - which is at least exciting I am holding at a loss, but still think they are headed south vs. the dollar) The USD/NIS (Shekel) is boring.. but if you want to make some money, I would look into it, if I were you ... - October 25th, 2014 08:23:08 PM
    User Avatar
    spinner: Looking and yen and yen crosses, I see something different in the nzd/jpy one. Like and indication that kiwi is not following others. Keep shorting it? - October 25th, 2014 08:21:20 PM
    User Avatar
    howard: @kvi This is the reason why euro could go higher http://www.maynardkeynes.org/keynes-the-speculator.html In short term speculation just throw away your biases and economic expertise. If you wanna make money follow the trend and know when the trend is over. Eurusd has been falling since start of the year and now range bound. It is gonna range bound for sometime. I guess it should be between roughly 12500 and 13100 for many weeks. Right now one should be long not short in terms of risk/reward. After the consolidation we shall know where it headed once again but not today's decision. Remember EURUSD is EUR vers Dollar ! Not only EURO !! - October 25th, 2014 08:21:15 PM
    User Avatar
    rough trader: What are the Euro people getting their Data from? becos if one is already under water, they will be hoping for a recovery therefore more likely to vote. if you are neutral about euro -> less likely to vote ie vote for something else if you are already making money shorting euro ---> suddenly your not sure --> less likely to vote ie vote for something else. that is my psycho analysis ! lol - October 25th, 2014 08:10:38 PM
    User Avatar
    Zvi: What are the Euro people getting their Data from? The coming recession? The failed banks? Bond buying? The Banking institutions saying the Euro is heading south? Can someone explain (seriously) why they think the Euro will be strong in the near/long future? - October 25th, 2014 07:45:40 PM
  • Adam Button : Austrian finance minister says no surprises in bank stress tests

Adam Button: my mistake! I'll correct it - October 25th, 2014 11:56:45 AM
    User Avatar
    Mario: Sorry, but it felt like years, she is out of office for moths (not years) The problem is, that Austria had serveral finance ministers in only a few years. Its difficult to keep updated :) - October 25th, 2014 10:17:21 AM
    User Avatar
    Mario: Maria Fekter 21. April 2011 - 16. Dezember 2013 Michael Spindelegger 16. Dezember 2013 - August 2014 IN OFFICE: Hans Jörg Schelling 1. September 2014 - October 25th, 2014 10:14:15 AM
    User Avatar
    Mario: Hi, Maria Fekter is not FinMin anymore, for years :-) - October 25th, 2014 07:33:28 AM
  • Figues : EURUSD back below trend line

User Avatar
    Figues: @Dan. Here's my thought. Most well-known retail broker such as ALPARI, FXPRO, ADMIRAL and OANDA are good enough. There are other small brokers that are good as well. First thing that I always look for are regulated brokers. Those regulated by FCA, ASIC, CySEC and MIFID are GENERALLY good. That doesn't mean that unregulated ones are bad. Quite a few have really good services but when it comes to withdrawing money they don't really favor more than 2000 USD. Then I look at their account type, SPREAD, swap, leverage on weekdays and weekend, minimum deposit, deposit and withdrawal option, deposit and withdrawal charges and a few others. If ur just starting I would recommend getting cent account from any regulated broker that offers them. Trading demo account and live account are totally different. You can afford to lose a million on DEMO and wouldn't feel a thing but I bet ur gonna shit your pants just watching your ticker goes 1 pip down wit your money. My advice, Put in 100 dollars and try doubling that amount in 2-3 months or maybe 6 months. Newbies blew their account(s) all the time. No point putting a few thousand dollars if U couldn't even double your 100. Get the market feel. Things will come slowly. Most traders I have learned from and including myself took no less than 3 years before we can really make consistent profit, no less than 5 years before we can really make money :) - October 25th, 2014 08:10:01 AM
  • Pred : Look to sell the euro near 1.30 - JPMorgan

User Avatar
    Pred: Looking at the options for next week it looks like they have a range of 1.2600 to 1.2700, there are some big options in play aswell all week. Should be interesting week. - October 25th, 2014 08:04:44 AM
    droad: 1.2670 is near enough hahaha JP ? - October 24th, 2014 07:58:30 PM
    User Avatar
    David: On 15 October EUR JPY got up as far as 1.28853 before reversing strongly. Hasn't been near since then. Wouldn't it take something fairly substantial to push it back up beyond that point now? I'm just puzzled as to what it is that people think might do that. - October 24th, 2014 07:50:32 PM
    User Avatar
    Giles: The problem I have with this recommendation is that it all depends on what drives EURUSD to 1.30. If it is a bit of short covering with no main driver then maybe. But what if the driver is something more substantial like Euro economy improvement lessening the likelihood of QE; or a massive sell of in equities which drives down the USD. These recommendations are great in what we know now, but what we know when the price reaches that level may be completely different. Just some thoughts... - October 24th, 2014 07:32:09 PM
    User Avatar
    ProTrader3: Seems some big boys are positioned up! - October 24th, 2014 07:29:27 PM
    miki: jpm has'nt had a great track record - October 24th, 2014 07:27:10 PM
    User Avatar
    linny: don't think we are gonna see 1.30 again. we should be starting to head south come Monday or Tuesday. all the stops have been triggered on top. now,who will want to buy euro for keeps? I won't. - October 24th, 2014 07:22:42 PM
    User Avatar
    salih kara: Hi Addam , I read the article of 25 Euro Banks would fail stress test. If it happens what would be the effect on eur/usd ? Thanks in advance for your reply... - October 24th, 2014 07:17:38 PM
    User Avatar
    AlexIE: This is a much better set up than the other banks that sold the EUR at 1.251 a couple of weeks ago. I don't say that in hindsight, I said it at the time as well. I think 1.30 might be broken though, 1.31 was the hardest resistance to break, and that is probably the one that won't be broken for sure before we head down south below 1.25 - October 24th, 2014 07:14:50 PM
  • Peter : AUD/JPY was the best performing trade this week

User Avatar
    Peter: Yep, Nasdaq 100 a monster. The rise from 3710 to 4043 from last Thursday to the close this Friday was a huge 3,000+ pips. I should have grabbed a lot more but end this week with just over 1,300 pips from just a few trades, including a rare punt long on the S&P too. Right at the close yesterday, I took an even rarer punt on going long GBP/USD at 1.6084 We have one last POMO of $1 billion dollars on Monday, and we probably have enough momentum to see the Nasdaq 100 rise some more early Monday. But with the Fed on Wednesday, probably ending QE and so no more daily doses of POMO, I'm expecting some consolidation pullback heading into Wednesday. Without QE we shall soon find out if the market is able to stand on its own two feet. - October 25th, 2014 06:59:08 AM
    User Avatar
    aud/jpy channel: The AUD/JPY chart on the Daily/Weekly looks impressive. Its holding up well and sees more upside. I'm keeping it simple with AUD/JPY and building small longs on top of my main position. However, the SPX has run too far and too fast for me so waiting on adding more AUD/JPY and keeping stops near break even. - October 25th, 2014 01:35:00 AM
    User Avatar
    short aud/jpy next week: china floundering + boj unease with easing + ebola. 3 reasons to short at 95.20 - October 25th, 2014 12:56:54 AM
    User Avatar
    Remo: It's no coincidence that both US indices and this pair are the top performers of the week. AUD/JPY is the Carry trade of choice for those who control the stock market. Fundamentals? Ebola? Puurlease. - October 24th, 2014 06:21:36 PM
  • Sharon England : (Video) A technical look at 5 currencies in 6 minutes

User Avatar
    Sharon England: Thank you. Extremely useful information. - October 25th, 2014 06:25:05 AM
  • rough trader : For forex traders, this is the most confusing time of year

User Avatar
    rough trader: "most of Australia doesn’t change the clocks " thats true if land space is considered. but victoria and NSW alone makes up 56% of australian population. Tasmania, SA, ACT also changes time. so most of the Australian clock does change. - October 25th, 2014 06:15:25 AM
    User Avatar
    pandu: I hate the clock changes, the stupidest and most arrogant social engineering policy ever, as Althar said above. I am in Melbourne and this makes the trading clock even worse than it already is. For us clocks change by 2 hours, but in half steps - first Melbourne changed 4 weeks ago; then a half-step where Europe changes, and the final step next week when NY changes. What used to happen at 6pm happens at 8pm now; US data releases which used to be at 10.30pm AEST are now at 11.30pm and at 12.30am next week. - October 24th, 2014 11:25:56 PM
    User Avatar
    busybus: Rock around the clock http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html?cities=282,63,264,261,240,248,102,357,117,771,106,123,26,37,136,213,704,179,58,64,197,234,81,103,1440 - October 24th, 2014 09:19:49 PM
    User Avatar
    TR: Not something I have the occasion to say often, but: Putin got that one right. http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-28423647 Permanent Summer time was already a step forward, even though it apparently didn't work out for Russia (it would probably work just fine for countries at more moderate latitudes - official time zones tend to be shifted Westward anyway). - October 24th, 2014 08:33:09 PM
    User Avatar
    Chase: dailyfx has a decent economic calendar that lets you select your timezone. I find it quite useful cos I don't have to think about whether I'm 1 or 2 hours ahead ;) - October 24th, 2014 06:52:37 PM
    User Avatar
    biscotti: and i recall the week of "long lunches" before NY caught up....oh the Halycon "daze" - October 24th, 2014 06:33:38 PM
    miki: happy hour comes sooner :) - October 24th, 2014 06:32:48 PM
    User Avatar
    londonbear: I used to get confused. Now I leave my laptop on GMT wherever I am and look at a GMT calendar. - October 24th, 2014 06:26:31 PM
  • miki : ForexLive Americas wrap: Leaks sink ECB stress test drama

miki: who can trust the tests??? - October 25th, 2014 02:24:26 AM
    User Avatar
    Pandu: From the ECB's perspective, being leaky is good. It avoids wild speculative swings as the market waits for the news. As happens in NFP and FOMC minutes. - October 24th, 2014 11:16:31 PM
  • silverwing : ECB draft doc says 25 banks to fail bank tests

User Avatar
    silverwing: Ryan,Have All a Fine weekend,Allway,s Deserved to all we Trade To <Make a Living from the FX-Highway. - October 24th, 2014 08:11:01 PM
  • Afrowoman : New Zealand Trade balance: -1350m (vs. expected -625m)

User Avatar
    Afrowoman: Hi ProTrader3, I'm new too, and it all doesn't make any sense to me! Facts on the ground can say something and forex behaviour is something completely different! This is why I leave it to the experts and visit this site daily, there's some great information here. Just trying to exchange my life savings so I can buy a house :D - October 24th, 2014 07:36:36 PM
  • Afrowoman : Forex Technical Trading: NZDUSD's Trade Balance head fake.

User Avatar
    Afrowoman: Thanks for this. I don't get it though, fundamental hardly ever seems to go hand in hand with technical? How can that be? (Obvious newbie here). - October 24th, 2014 07:33:08 PM
    User Avatar
    BJN: Hi Greg: Currently there is a confluence of Fib 50, 100 MA and 200 MA. However, after several hours, when the price reaches Fib 50, the two MA might have changed: the 50% will be the same, but 100 MA and 200 MA might be different. So there will no be the nice confluence (fib 50 + 100 MA + 200 MA). Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. PS: Please erase one if I posted two times. - October 24th, 2014 06:29:47 PM
    User Avatar
    BJN: Hi Greg: Currently there is a confluence of Fib 50, 100 MA and 200 MA. However, after several hours, when the price reaches Fib 50, the two MA might have changed: the 50% will be the same, but 100 MA and 200 MA might be different. So there will no be the nice confluence (fib 50 + 100 MA + 200 MA). Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. - October 24th, 2014 06:27:17 PM
  • View Older Comments

Browse our latest comments from forex traders to get a gage of general forex market sentiment. Our forex comments come from active forex market participants from around the world and include our real-time streams and updates from the major social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Get involved in the forex market discussion and share your thoughts, technical analysis charts, opinion or comments directly to our page or via our social media networks. We're likely to respond to the most interesting and thought-provoking commentary and our currency pair trade experts scour the internet to find social media related to forex markets we think our readers would be interested in. Feel free to share any news from policy makers, central bank officials or forex market leaders that would be of interest to other FX traders.

© Copyright 2014 ForexLive™  |  Advertise With Us  |  Login To Comment  |  Sitemap

HIGH RISK WARNING: Foreign exchange trading carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for all investors. Leverage creates additional risk and loss exposure. Before you decide to trade foreign exchange, carefully consider your investment objectives, experience level, and risk tolerance. You could lose some or all of your initial investment; do not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Educate yourself on the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial or tax advisor if you have any questions.

ADVISORY WARNING: FOREXLIVE™ provides references and links to selected blogs and other sources of economic and market information as an educational service to its clients and prospects and does not endorse the opinions or recommendations of the blogs or other sources of information. Clients and prospects are advised to carefully consider the opinions and analysis offered in the blogs or other information sources in the context of the client or prospect's individual analysis and decision making. None of the blogs or other sources of information is to be considered as constituting a track record. Past performance is no guarantee of future results and FOREXLIVE™ specifically advises clients and prospects to carefully review all claims and representations made by advisors, bloggers, money managers and system vendors before investing any funds or opening an account with any Forex dealer. Any news, opinions, research, data, or other information contained within this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment or trading advice. FOREXLIVE™ expressly disclaims any liability for any lost principal or profits without limitation which may arise directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on such information. As with all such advisory services, past results are never a guarantee of future results.