And its another record. All three indices higher on the day
Dow has 3rd 200 point gain in 2018 (Really!)
The Dow is closing up over 200 points today. That is the 3rd time this year that the Dow has had a 200 point gain in a day. This is only the 9th trading day of the year.
The S&P and Nasdaq closed a record levels. Each have been up 8 of 9 trading days.
- The S&P is ending up 18.67 points or 0.67% at 2786.23. The high reach 2787.85. The low extended to 2769.64
- The NASDAQ closed at 49.28 points or +0.68% at 7261.06. The high reach 7265.26. the low was at 7205.18
- The Dow industrial average closed up 228.46 points or 0.9% at 25803.19. The five extended to 25810.43. The low was at 25633.08
For the week/for 2018:
- The S&P indexes of 1.57%. Year to date is up 4.21%.
- The Nasdaq is up 1.74%. Year to date it is up 5.18%
- The Dow is up 2.01%. Year to date is up 4.39%.
The overachievers and trading today are broad and in many sectors.
- Apple up 1.03%
- Alphabet up 1.51%
- Microsoft up 1.7%
- Citigroup up 1.72%
- J.P. Morgan up 1.65%
- Netflix up 1.84%
- Amazon up 2.23%
- Twitter up 4.37%
- Celgene up 1.36%
- Boeing up 2.48%
- Disney of 1.32%
- Morgan Stanley up 1.68%
- Cisco up 1.92%
- Charles Schwab up 2.23%
- Bank of America up 1.7%
- Delta Airlines up 2.26%
- United Continental up 2.52%
The underachievers today included:
- Nvidia -0.59%
- Alibaba -0.52%
- Tesla -0.51%
- First Solar -3.75%
- intuitive surgical -0.55%
- Facebook -4.47%
Overall what a day. What a week.