EU's Barnier says latest Brexit talks were constructive but no big steps forward
Press conference after the 5th Round of Brexit talks now underway 12 Oct
- conditions remain to start talks on future ambitious partnership
- UK says it will introduce simplified system for EU citizens to claim rights in UK
- UK still not ready to confirm Brexit bill payments and we are in an impasse
- I can not ask next week's EU summit to open talks on future relationship
- we are not asking UK to make concessions, will only succeed via shared solutions
- still convinced that with political will we can make significant progress in next 2 months
And our survey says...
UK's Davis up next to give his slant on it all.
Watch it live here