CFTC Commitments of Traders. Speculators increase US dollar bets to largest since Jan 2013
Forex futures net speculative positions as of the close of business on Tuesday August 8, 2017
- EUR long 94K vs 83K long last week. Longs increased by 11K
- GBP short 25K vs 29K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 4K.
- JPY short 96K vs 112K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 16K
- CHF short 1K vs 1K long last week. 2K new longs
- CAD long 63K vs 41K long. CAD longs increased by 22K.
- AUD long 58k vs 61k last week. Longs trimmed by 3K.
- NZD long 33K vs 35K long last week. Longs trimmed by 2K
- JPY shorts trimmed by 16K in the current week
- Longs in the EUR increased by 11K. The largest long since May 2011. The EURUSD is closing at the higher weekly close since January 2015
What is the significance of the commitment of traders report? This is an old post, but it tells a lot about this weekly report....