ECB poll sees announcement of change of stimulus program in September
Reuters out with a poll of economists on the European Central Bank.
- ECB to announce change to asset purchases programme in Sept, say 28 of 50 economists; 15 say Oct.
- ECB should unwind stimulus before inflation approaches its target, say 38 of 50 economists.
- Rising euro not a threat to economic recovery say majority of economists.
- Euro zone economy to grow 2.0 percent this year, highest median forecast in over 2 yrs of polling for this period.
- Euro zone GDP seen +0.6% q2 2017, +0.4% q3 2017-q4 2018 (+0.5%, +0.4% July poll)
- Euro zone inflation to average 1.5% in 2017 and 1.4% in 2018 (1.5% in 2017, 2018 in July poll)
Euro is unmoved on the poll, drifting in the middle of yesterday's 70-pip range.