ECB's Praet comments on QE - more
European Central Bank Chief Economist Peter Praet spoke at a conference in New York on Wednesday
Comments posted earlier, here:
- More from ECB's Praet: Seeing some positive signs on inflation
- ECB's Praet says deflation risks have disappeared
Wire services have some recaps now available if you'd like more:
- "We should communicate more on the reinvestment portfolio, and probably we will do that in the near future"
- Everybody in the market is trying to guess how much, so at some time you need to give at least the figures," he said. "I am very much in favor of this." He didn't elaborate any further.
Wall Street Journal (may be gated):
- ECB's Praet Still Sees Insufficient Progress Toward Inflation Goal
Peter Praet, ECB's chief economist, acknowledged a strengthening economic recovery in the euro area, but argued inflation developments remained subdued
And, Reuters: ECB's Praet makes case for longer stimulus extension
Meanwhile, EUR has not done a lot at all, barely changed since late US trading