Economists polled by Reuters say Abe should focus on regulatory reforms
Results of a latest monthly poll now published 10 Aug
- Abe should place focus on deregulation but only 5 from 35 think he will
- 31 from 35 say BOJ's next move will be reduce policy stimulus but not before late 2018 at the earliest
- remaining 4 anticipate further easing but also not until late 2018
- Japan's GDP in FY2017/18 forecast at +1.4% and 1.1% 2018/19
- core inflation to average 0.6% 2017/18 and 0.8% 2018/19
I've long said the BOJ won't/can't really ease again but do our yen bears out there still think they can/will ?
Meanwhile USDJPY 109.99 tightly bound again.
The Abe and Kuroda road show limps on