Fed's Yellen speaks Friday - “Monetary policy since the financial crisis"
A preview of Federal Reserve System Chair Janet Yellen speech due at 2330 GMT Friday 20 October 2017
Maybe the BTC people can trade her comments? ;-)
- Chair Yellen will deliver the annual NEC Herbert Stein Memorial Lecture in Washington. The topic is "Monetary policy since the financial crisis."
- We expect her to detail the Fed's response to the financial crisis, including conventional and unconventional policies.
- We expect little direct monetary policy content as it relates to the likelihood of further near-term policy rate increases.
- We do not anticipate any new incremental information that should affect odds of a December rate hike
- Yellen should stick to the central Fed narrative that inflation is likely to rise toward the Fed's target over the medium term as growth remains above potential and the labor market tightens further.
- However, we will pay close attention to her tone on inflation to discern whether last Friday's softer core CPI print has introduced any additional uncertainty around this view.
All of your weekends (well, the start of this one) belong to me!