Forexlive Americas FX news wrap: FOMC meeting minutes deemed more dovish
Forex news for NY trading on October 11, 2017.
- It's another record trifecta for the major US indices
- Forex technical analysis: EURUSD extends toward the next target
- Fed's Williams: Gradual rate hikes appropriate over next two years
- The euro has a two-week window to rally - ING
- Trump says if he can't make a NAFTA deal, it will be terminated
- FOMC meeting minutes: Many thought a fed rate hike was warranted this year
- Fed's Esther George: Fed should continue adjustment of rates
- US 10 year high yield 2.346%. Highest yield since May 2017
- Gold falls to session lows. Down on the day.
- European stock indices end the day with mixed results
- US sells $24bln 3 year notes at 1.657%. Highest yield since April 2010
- US EIA cuts forecast for 2018 world oil demand growth by 110,000 BPD
- Dr Copper back on the upswing ahead of National People's Congress
- Almost 20% of FX traders already invested in ICOs, half are open minded
- August US JOLTS job openings 6082K vs 6135K expected
- Feds Evans: Really nervous inflation expectations are really low
- Quiet day so far. JPY is the strongest. The GBP is the weakest
A snapshot of other markets near the day's close has:
- Spot gold is up $5.11 to 1293.13. The precious metal got a boost on a weaker dollar into the close. The $1296 area remains a key area to get to and through.
- WTI crude oil futures are ending the session up $0.40 or 0.79% to $51.32. The contract is closing near the high at $51.42. The low extended to $50.61 before the bounce higher into the close
- US stock indices closed at record levels. The S&P ended up 0.18%. The Nasdaq rose 0.25% and the Dow ended the session up 0.18%
- The US yields are mostly lower. 2 year yield is at 1.5165%, up 0.4 bp. 5 year is at 1.9512%, down -0.8 bp. 10 year is 2.3463%, down -1.4 bp and 30 year 2.8792%, down -1.6 bp