July US producer price index +1.9% vs +2.2% y/y expected
July 2017 US producer price index highlights
- Prior 2.0%
- PPI ex food and energy +1.8% vs +2.1% y/y exp
- Prior PPI ex food and energy 1.9% y/y
- Final demand -0.1% vs +0.1% exp
- Prior +0.1%
- Ex food and energy +0.2% vs +0.2% exp
- Prior ex food and energy +0.1%
- Ex food, energy and trade 0.0% vs +0.2% expected
- Prior ex food, energy and trade +0.2%
- Full report
These are weak numbers all around. The thinking was that the soft US dollar would push up producer prices but that hasn't hit yet. Energy, trade and pretty much everything else was a drag.
On Friday, the CPI report is due and it will be a big one for the Fed.