Juncker & May working together toward next phase in Brexit talks
UK PM May's spokesman out talking to reporters 7 Dec
- more work to be done on Irish border issues
- close to Brexit agreement but more work to be done
Ah, that old chestnut.
So Juncker is trying to help May stay in power? How much strength does that currently give the UK in negotiations ? Yep, exactly. Anyone really thinking the EU will bend over backwards either?
Meanwhile Rtrs citing EU chatter:
- EU ready to receive May at any time
- reports of extending deadline to next week are wrong
- any British offer must come this week, our week includes week-ends
Meeeeouww. So that's not extending the deadline ( last Monday) that they've already extended. What a joke.
GBPUSD rightly getting slapped down again to session lows. EURGBP back up to 0.8808 after holding the 0.8780 support area I warned of earlier.