New Zealand data: ANZ consumer confidence +2.9% m/m
ANZ's summary of yet more strong NZ economic data:
- Consumer confidence hit a three-year high in September. It points to an ongoing decent pace of spending and activity growth.
- The softer housing market and election uncertainty have failed to dent consumer optimism.
- House price expectations cooled further, while inflation expectations were
Today's data is the highest level since July 2014. This survey from ANZ also assesses inflation expectations :
- Came in steady on the month at 3.1% (up slightly from 3.0%).
- USD/CNY reference rate for the day coming up
- At the bottom of the hours is the Aussie jobs report: Australian Labour Market Report for August due today - previews
- At the top of the hour (0200 GMT) - China data
China August data for:
- Industrial Production y/y expected 6.6%, prior was 6.4%
- Industrial production YTD y/y expected 6.8%, prior was 6.8%
- Fixed Assets (excluding rural) YTD y/y, expected 8.2%, prior was 8.3%
- Retail Sales y/y, expected 10.5%, prior was 10.4%
- Retail Sales YTD y/y, expected 10.4%, prior was 10.4%