RBA's Lowe: We are prepared to intervene in AUD, not at the moment
Reserve Bank of Australia Governor Lowe:
- We are prepared to intervene in AUD in extreme situation, but have to be extreme
- Not prepared to intervene at the moment
To paraphrase a former Australian PM ... Lowe attacking currency speculators is like being whipped with a damp lettuce leaf.
We've had plenty from Lowe today, he is about to wrap it up (finishes 0230GMT).
- More from RBA's Lowe: Does not expect full employment for at least 2.5 years
- More from RBA's Lowe (in the Q&A): Should be able to increase wages at >3%y/y
- Q&A for RBA's Lowe now: Expects gradual pick up in capex outside resources
- RBA's Lowe: Global economy has strengthened