Singapore central bank announcement due today - preview
The Monetary Authority of Singapore will publish its monetary policy statement today due at 0000 GMT on Friday October 13
- The MAS issue the statement just twice a year (April and October)
I have posted some previews earlier:
- PIMCO says Monetary Authority of Singapore may surprise financial markets this month
- Singapore central bank seen on hold - but moving closer to tightening
Here is a summary of ANZ's what to expect:
- Even though the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) maintained a neutral policy at their April review, S$NEER has persistently been trading at the strong side of the policy band, sometimes at as much as 1% above the mid-point.
- Currently, S$NEER is trading at 0.9% above the centre of the policy band.
- With Singapore's GDP growth hovering in the 2-3% range, core inflation well-contained at below 2% and lingering labour pangs, we see no reason for the central bank to deviate from the current neutral S$NEER policy at their next meeting