Turkish Dep. PM - US - Turkey visa spat “overblown” - expects it'll be resolved soon
Turkish Deputy PM Simsek speaking in Washington:
- Says Turkey struggling to keep inflation under 10 percent
- US-Turkey visa spat is "overblown" and expects it to be resolved soon
- Says investigations into US embassy and consular employees in turkey were "routine," not political
- Safety and security of US diplomats and employees in Turkey is "top priority"
- Turkey is "not doing arbitrary arrests" and its judicial system is working
Headlines via Reuters