US initial jobless claims 244K vs 240K estimate
US initial jobless claims for week of Aug 5th
- US jobless claims 244K vs 240K est.
- Last month revised to 241K vs 240K
- 4-week average 241.00 K vs 242K last
- Continuing claims 1951K vs 1960K est. Prior week 1967K vs 1968k originally reported
- The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending July 29 were in Iowa (+573), Delaware (+291), Washington (+240), Nevada (+96), and Idaho (+86),
- The largest decreases were in Michigan (-5,239), Missouri (-2,928), California (-2,491), New York (-1,523), and Connecticut (-1,251).
The job market remains healthy. CNBC Steve Liesman is suggesting the labor market is finding it difficult to find qualified employees and are riding out dips in demand without letting go of employees.