US initial jobless claims 243K vs. 250K estimate
Continuing claims 1889K vs 1930K estimate
The US jobless claims for the week of Oct 7th came in at 243K in the current week. The impact from Harvey, Irma and Maria impacted the weeks claims.
- Continuing claims came in at 1889K vs 1930K
- The 4 week average of the claims felll to 257.50 vs 267.00K
- The prior week jobless claims was revised slightly lower to 258K vs 260K originally reported.
- Claims were estimated for 2 states and one US territory.
- The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending September 30 were in New York (+3,425), Ohio (+2,567),
Missouri (+2,051), the Virgin Islands (+986), and Oklahoma (+510)
- The largest decreases were in Florida (-3,575),
Michigan (-3,485), Texas (-3,041), Kansas (-2,432), and Georgia (-1,987).