US stocks end the day with small changes
No record closes for the Dow and S&P. Nasdaq squeaks out the 7th straight increase.
The US major stock indices are ending the day with small changes.
- S&P is ending down -0.13 points or -0.01% to 2459.14. A fractional gain would have been a new record high close. That was not to be.
- The Dow ended down -8.02 points or -0.04%. Like the S&P, any gain would have been a new record close. That was not meant to be.
- The Nasdaq was the only major index to close in the black. It rose by 1.964 points or +0.03% to 6314.43.
Overall, little changes across the board as the week got started.
After the close Netflix reported earnings. There stock is trading higher on strong guidance.
- Shares up $13 or +8% to $175.00
- EPS $0.15 vs $0.16 est
- Revenues $2.79B vs $2.76B
- Net user growth adds 5.2M (1.07M domestic, 4.14M international) vs 3.23M estimate.
- Q3 guidance $0.32 vs $0.23 estimate. Rev guidance 2.97B vs 2.87B est. Proj net adds of 4.4M vs 3.925M estimate.