CFTC Commitments of Traders: The dollar was in fashion
CFTC Commitments of Traders highlights for the week ending February 13, 2018:
- EUR long 128K vs 141K long last week. Longs trimmed by 8K.
- GBP long 15K vs 28K long last week. Longs trimmed by 13K.
- JPY short 115K vs 113K short last week. Shorts increased by 2K.
- CHF short 20K vs 20K short last week. No change in the current week.
- CAD long 33K vs 40K long last week. Longs decreased by 7K.
- AUD long 9k vs 14k long last week. Longs trimmed by 4K.
- NZD long 2K vs 3K short last week. Longs trimmed by 1K.
- Last week's data
The theme on every front was buying the dollar. That turned out to be the wrong move as the US dollar has struggled for most of the week. On net, the dollar short was at a six-week low.
I'm astonished at the size of the yen short, given that the yen is at a 15-month high.