Via the Wall Street Journal comes their preview of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) in the '5 things' format
- It's hard to imagine a scenario in which the Fed would shock markets with a decision to hold rates steady
- Fed officials have repeatedly used the word "gradual" to describe the expected pace of rate increases
- For more clues about how quickly and how high the Fed will raise rates, check out officials' "dot plot."
- Yellen said she "wouldn't try to stifle dissents"
- What tools will be used? Check out the "implementation note" alongside the usual policy statement if you're that interested.
More at the article, ungated