A preview of the BOJ monetary policy meeting September 19 – today!
The Bank of Japan statement will be today, although there is no specific time scheduled for it
What is scheduled is Kuroda's new conference time, that will be at 0630GMT
I posted some previews already:
- A preview of the BOJ monetary policy meeting September 19
- what to expect from the Bank of Japan on September 19
Adding this now, comes via
- We expect BoJ policy settings to remain entirely unchanged, including the width of the 10-year JGB trading band.
- Journalists could question Governor Kuroda about the likelihood of further band widening around the 10-year point over time. But if so, he is likely to be non-committal and we do not expect any market reaction.
- After the July tweak in policy the BoJ has shown little inclination towards further changes. Inflation is edging higher though still a considerable way off the 2% target. As such we think this meeting will be uneventful.
- However, we think the BOJ could introduce additional flexibility as soon as Q1-2019 insofar as the output gap continues to remain decisively positive.