ANZ shift its forecast for the RBNZ to an August rate hike
ANZ moved their forecast to November last week also.
- Now project a cash rate hike on the 18th of next month (the next scheduled Reserve Bank of New Zealand monetary policy meeting).
- NZ cash rate is currently 0.25%, ANZ look for a 25bp increase to 0.5%
- We are now forecasting the OCR to be lifted by 25bp in August, with CPI and labour market data to provide the final evidence the RBNZ requires.
Another active day in New Zealand!
- New Zealand bank ASB now forecasting an August RBNZ cash rate hike
- ForexLive Asia FX news wrap: RBNZ announcement sends the NZD higher
- NZD/USD higher after the RBNZ tilts more hawkish than was expected
- RBNZ policy decision minutes: 'least regrets' decision is reducing some support sooner
- RBNZ policy announcement - says level of stimulus to be reduced