Atlanta Fed's Bostic: Recent low readings on inflation are "noisy"
Fed's Bostic speaking.
- Central Bank in a good position right now on both jobs and inflation
- Recent low readings on inflation are "noisy" while other data suggest Fed is close to its 2% target and not slipping away from it
- Skeptical inflation expectations are weak
- Fed in good position on dual mandate objectives
- Inflation expectations not trending away from goal
- Has open mind on July meeting. Wont front run rate call
Touch / Click anywhere to close