AUD traders - heads up for RBA minutes due for release Tuesday (11.30am local time)
A quick note for Australian dollar traders and a (what would appear to be minor) event risk for tomorrow. Tuesday 17 April 2018.
- Due at 11.30 am Sydney time, which is 0130 GMT
Minutes of the April 2018 Monetary Policy Meeting of the Reserve Bank Board
- Headlines from the announcement are here
- Since then we have had Governor Lowe speaking: mainly a reiteration of the RBA statement
- And, since then we have had an update from the Bank: RBA - risks to Australia economy from China remain elevated
There is not much at all expected from the minutes.
- likely to be uneventful for the AUD
- The message from Governor Lowe was clear .... pointing to no near term ratep ressure. And so, Tuesday's formal Minutes will be parsed more for particular clues on various sectors and current issues, for example any perspectives on tariff impacts.
Westpac are focused on May, not expecting much from the minutes either;
- Further colour ahead of May growth forecast update
But, you never know. ForexLive (via me!) will have cover of the minutes tomorrow - join me then!