Comments on the outlook for Bank of Japan monetary policy via JP Morgan
JPMorgan Securities Japan, on the statement from the Bank at the end of July:
- "The BOJ shifted to a preemptive easing stance"
- "The BOJ is now willing to ease in response to risks of weakening momentum, rather than waiting for hard evidence indicating a loss of inflation momentum."
Comes via a Reuters report, highlights:
- Reuters poll- over half of economists polled said chance for BOJ's further easing has risen after July meeting
- 30 of 38 economists said bank of Japan's next action will be to ease policy (vs 30 of 40 in July poll)
- Yen strengthening below y100 vs USD could trigger further easing