BOJ's Kuroda: China's economy showing somewhat weak signs
Kuroda continues to touch on China in his recent commentary
- Weakness is spreading in China's real economy
- Will be watching China's economy carefully
- Expect China's growth to be stable more or less
- Says that BOJ can be considered to be dovish
- Will continue persistent monetary easing
- Will mull more easing if price momentum is lost
The fact that they are putting so much focus on China is a bit puzzling (generally, you don't try to talk about other nations' economies unless it is really needed). Feels like this is more of a tactic to try and distract markets from the fact that they are nowhere near heading towards their inflation target of 2%.
His monetary policy comments aren't of anything new. USD/JPY holds steady at 111.56 still, a little higher on the day.