BOJ's Kuroda says they will debate weak yen impact at next outlook report
BOJ governor Kuroda at his presser, now underway 20 Dec
- in general weak yen raises prices, pushing up import costs
- weak yen can also indirectly affect output gap
- Japan economy to continue to grow above its potential from now on
- upgrade in economic assessment based on overseas economic recovery, pick-up in Japan's exports, factory output and pvt consumption.
I reckon he and the govt should be sending Trump a very large Xmas bonus for bailing them out.
- monetary policy does not target fx
- current fx situation is strong USD not weak yen
- diverging mon pol between Japan/US could affect fx market
You mean it hasn't already Mr K ?