Bullard: Favors forward guidance based on state of econ vs calendar
Comments from St Louis Fed President James Bullard:
- Would be more in favor of metric-based guidance rather than calendar
- Doubts yield curve control would have much impact at this point
- You hear more about hours being cut than wages
- Yield curve control is something Fed could consider
- Hopeful to get back to 2% inflation in medium term
The Fed's Clarida said hew as more in favor of calendar guidance. The Beige BOok will be out in moments.