Bundesbank says German Q1 GDP likely to have accelerated significantly
Latest Bundesbank monthly bulletin now published 24 April
- industrial output has been very strong
- mftg sentiment exceptionally high
- rebound in exports expected
- GDP potential may fall to 0.75% per year by 2025 from around 1.25% now due to shrinking/ageing workforce
- German workforce will decrease by 2.5m by 2025 and net immigration will not offset this
"Private consumption will remain an important driver for growth due to favourable development of the labour market and good consumer sentiment"
For the moment at least, it would appear.
Full report at the BUBA's site here but no English version available yet .
EUR pairs still going nowhere in a hurry after the retreat from Asian opening spike.