- Capital analysis review to be released March 26
The Fed has released these details alongside the minutes of the regional discount rate meetings.
- 12 Regional directors said unemployment was elevated
- Long term inflation expectations were stable
- Generally optimistic last month about economy
- Comments on consumer spending were mixed
- Wage pressures remained muted
- Fiscal policy concerns had diminished but some directors said that increased healthcare costs could have negative effects on hiring and economic activity
Kansas City, Philadelphia and Dallas Fed directors wanted a hike to 1% from 0.75%.
Minneapolis dropped it’s call to cut the rate after banging the cut drum for a while.