Atlanta Fed President
- Further gradual rate hikes over next couple of years 'appropriate'
- This week's interest-rate hike made sense, need to move rates toward 'neutral'
- If economy develops as he expects, will likely support more rate hikes this year
- Prudent to raise rates less aggressively than otherwise to gauge effect of balance sheet reduction
- Lab markets 'not yet overheated', sees upside risks to labor costs
- Inflation calm to persist but risks are to the upside
- Sees potential for inflation to run somewhat above Fed's 2% target
- Full text
The dollar grabbed a bid on the headlines. We haven't heard much from Bostic since he took over from Lockhart but these are mostly hawkish headlines, except the one on moving prudently.