Fed's Bullard says that current US economic conditions are quite good
Comments by St Louis Fed president James Bullard
- Sees slower growth moving forward
- Upside surprises to growth have enabled normalisation cycle
- We have reached a point where policy rates are in a good position
- Fed has normalised policy quite a bit
- "I'm the most dovish guy on the committee"
- Says that doesn't need to do much more to normalise policy
Didn't have to be the one to point it out but at least he knows where he stands among the hawk-dove scale. Nothing new here really from Bullard. His comments won't do much to change the notion that the Fed will still move forward with a rate hike come December.