St Louis Fed president, James Bullard, remarks in a WSJ interview
- We do want to do it gently and carefully
- I think we are in a very good position to start a taper
- A bit concerned that Fed is feeding a housing bubble
- Doesn't think will have any trouble at all in meeting "substantial further progress"
- Does not expect Fed funds rate to be raised until late 2022
- Full interview
He looks to be getting more bold by the day in voicing out these hawkish remarks and the latest round above just adds to that. The dollar is trading near session highs now as it squeezes out slight gains in the major currencies space.
EUR/USD down to 1.1840 while AUD/USD has nearly pared gains to 0.7480 currently.