Fed's Dudley: More than four hikes would no longer be 'gradual'
Dudley on CNBC
- Trade threats still pose risk to the economy
- Stock market valuations don't look unreasonable
- China's currency likely appreciated over the past year
- We're back to a more-reasonable level of volatility
- Financial conditions still very accommodative
- Fed to gradually remove accommodation
- Three or four total hikes this year is reasonable
- More than four hikes would no longer be 'gradual'
- Five or six hikes is 'quite unlikely'
- John Williams is extremely well qualified to take position
Dudley is the New York Fed President but he's retiring in June., Williams will replace him.