Whoever is paying this guy's salary is getting value for the dollar today … he hasn't stopped!
- More from Fed's Evans: possibility of again hitting zero rates
- Fed Evans says he thought the rate cut would help boost confidence
- says should expect an economic bounceback unless coronavirus proves much more virulent
- says no reason to think there will be a lasting effect on business or consumer confidence
- says he is comfortable with where policy is and any "reflation" that might come along with it should inflation move higher
- says he does not expect a large coronavirus impact to u.s. gdp at this point
- says he is prepared to open work-at-home options for his staff or limit travel if necessary as a health precaution
- says many, many people also responsible for responding to virus, all fed can do is "adjust financial conditions modestly"
Headlines via Reuters