Kaplan speaks in Washington
Dallas Fed's Kaplan (voter in 2017) is speaking in a moderated Q&A discussion at the US chamber of Commerce annual capital markets summit.
If there are more comments, will add them below for good order.
- US Mexico relationship has added new jobs to US
- Weaker pound is a shock absorber for the UK economy
- World Will have to get used to lower growth levels in China
- Slowing China will make world vulnerable to financial instability
- Worries about workforce growth nationwide
- Migration helps boost workforce growth in Texas
- Three hikes in 2017 is a good base case outlook for the Fed
- Don't want to mix interest rates up with Fed balance sheet
- Interest rates should be Feds primary policy tool