Fed's Kashkari: I'm more concerned about the flattening of the yield curve
Kashkari on CNBC
- The flat yield curve shows us that we're close to the neutral rate
- Inflation and wages are slowly climbing, they're not accelerating
- We should be at neutral, but where is neutral?
- If markets correct, that's not going to be what drives our policy
- It's possible we could have 3% growth this year but he envisions high-2s
- It's unclear if fiscal stimulus will raise potential growth
This is all stuff we've heard before from Kashkari. Give him and Bullard credit for making everyone talk about the yield curve.