Fed's Kashkari sees fiscal stimulus supporting gradual rate hikes
Comments by Minneapolis Fed head Neel Kashkari via Wall St Journal interview
- Tax cuts, spending boost are 'macroeconomically significant'
- Seems much more likely Fed will achieve inflation target
- Declines to comment how many more rate increases he sees fit this year
- Once inflation target is reached, should try to get to neutral rate in reasonable period of time
- Trade war is the worst possible outcome in the trade rhetoric
The full interview transcript can be found here (may be gated).
Nothing that significant from Kashkari, and he is also due to speak again later in the day. Do note that he is not a voting member in this year's FOMC and he is the more dovish among the Fed members.