Speaking to CNBC ahead of a speech at a Boston Fed conference at 12.30 GMT
- My views haven't change, economic conditions have
- US is very close to full employment
- Unemployment likely to be 4.5% by end of 2017
- Is a little concerned about commercial real estate
- Concerned also about overshooting what is a sustainable employment rate and possibly having to tighten much faster
- Waiting longer may mean quicker hikes
- Every meeting should be live
- Market is priced appropriately for a Dec hike
Rosengren wanted to hike at the last FOMC.
The dollar is pretty much ignoring his comments.