Fed's Rosengren spoke Tuesday - recap
Comments from the head of the Chicago Federal Reserve can be found here from earlier:
- Fed's Rosengren - balance sheet likely to grow
- More from Fed's Rosengren - US Q1growth likely to pretty weak
- Fed's Rosengren again: Dot plot is not a promise of policy direction
Reuters have a recap posted, focusing on his 'duration' comments:
- The Federal Reserve should consider raising the proportion of short-term Treasury bonds it holds to give itself more options to respond to economic pullbacks, a top policy maker said on Tuesday.
- "I dare say it is important for market observers, lawmakers and the public to become more comfortable with the benefits of central banks using their balance sheet tools to pursue the public interest,"
Reuters piece is here for more